Monday, December 10, 2007

Relaxation Media

Travel and cinematography have been two of my greatest passions for as long as I can remember. Even as a child, I can remember looking out the window of our car on lengthy family road-trips and admiring the changing landscape. The thought often occurred to me, "How can I explain what this looks like to someone who has never seen it?"

Becoming a filmmaker and founding Frame x Frame Productions has given me this opportunity, however, until recently, the diversity of my work has not afforded me as many opportunities as I would like to shoot while on the road. Two recent developments have changed that.

First, we purchased the unbelievably cool Panasonic HVX200 camera. This gem of a video camera allows me to shoot in Standard Definition and HD (both 1080i and 720p) at multiple frame rates (overcrank and undercrank) and even do time-lapse. The best thing is that the HD records as file(s) right onto a P2 card which I can easily transfer right into our edit system.

The second development is that I have partnered with Relaxation Media to create DVDs of all of the great places I travel. Each title will have a theme and will bring beautiful, natural video and sound to the viewer. To find out more about Relaxation Media and it's founder, John Cunningham, check out his blog.

Here are some clips from upcoming Relaxation Media titles:








No comments: